Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007: The Year that Was

In the spirit of year end reviews, I offer my own list of Top Ten Most Memorable Running Moments from 2007. Most are memorable in a good way. Some are... well... most are memorable in a good way.

Here goes:

#10 Getting my first-ever subscription to Runner's World in the mail.

#9 Proudly watching my teenage daughter pick up the sport of track.

#8 Going in to the physical therapist for a series of ITB deep tissue massages.

#7 Committing a crime in order to do a scheduled run.

#6 Vacation running with bunnies and snakes.

#5 Losing four toenails during marathon training.

#4 Finally getting a race photo I'm proud to show off.

#3 Running a marathon relay with my four beautiful and talented younger sisters.

#2 Missing my coveted sub two-hour half-marathon finish in Salt Lake City by a mere 1:43, but knowing I'd absolutely given it my all.

#1 Witnessing a heckler getting arrested six miles into a marathon. Three and a half hours later, finishing my second marathon firmly convinced there were would be many more in my future.

It's been a remarkable year for me and as I embark this week on another new year and another round of marathon training, I'm certain an equally remarkable year lies ahead. Thank you to all of you who support me, either as family and friends in "real life" or just people out there in cyberworld who share my love for this sport. Your encouragement motivates and inspires me to keep going... one step at a time.

Happy 2008!

Art copyright by http://www.eso.org

6 comments:

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Great post, great year!!

Love to read your blog. Here's to health and running in 2008!!

robison52 said...

Howdy Angie! You've improved by leaps and bounds! 2008 is going to be a great year for you too!!! Can hardly wait to read more of your delightful running insights this coming year!

P.O.M. said...

Sounds like a great year!!!

Here's to 2008 being even better.

s301 said...

Happy 2008. I hope it brings you love, happiness and laughter year round.

See Zanne Run said...

what - you didn't want to relive your moment of spraying yourself in the face with your pepper spray?

Christie said...

Happy New Year!! Happy running :)