Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jus' Chillin', Yo

Mother Smuckers-- by way of haiku-- has been taking me to task for not blogging in awhile, so in order to escape her clucking tongue I'll add a token entry today. (Thanks for showin' the love, Mother!)

Truth is, I don't have a whole lot to blog about these days as I muddle along in my still-running-but-not-training bliss. I'm quite enjoying this, actually, as it's the first time all year I haven't been in serious training mode for one race or another. I go out to run three days a week with only a vague idea of how far I'll go and if I don't quite go as far as I thought I might, I'm totally cool with it. I've found these post-recovery runs to be some of the strongest workouts I've ever done and I'm taking that as a great sign for my near-future potential. But for now, I'm just enjoying being a recreational runner again and running just for the love of running. That's something committed training tends to take the joy out of, so I'll make the most of it while I can.

Fear not, dear readers; all is well. I've no doubt something blogworthy will come up sooner or later in my running adventures. In the meantime, perhaps my very first entry (nearly one year ago) is worth a look for those who missed it the first time. It is, after all, what convinced me running in rural Idaho simply must be shared with the world.

4 comments:

P.O.M. said...

I was wondering where the heck you were.

Welcome back!

Laurel said...

I'm glad you are enjoying some peaceful runs. Sometimes I think it must be nice to have nothing to train for. It's been awhile.

Mother Smuckers said...

Good post, thanks!

I'm glad you're alright.

Running just for the joy of it is the best.


...

Ovens2Betsy said...

Hmm... not sure I understand the term "still-running-but-not-training."

:)