Friday, March 13, 2009

Help Out a Mother

If you're a regular reader of Runner's World, the names Dimity McDowell Davis and Sarah Bowen Shea might ring a bell. They collaborated recently on a terrific article about running the Nike Women's San Francisico marathon together and they wrote a blog on the Runner's World website catered towards mothers who run. Now, they're working together again on a book tentatively titled Run Like a Mother, which will focus on the "intersection of mothering and running". For their research, they've put out a survey for running mothers and have asked all who would be willing to fill it out and send it in. They'll be using the feedback they receive in their book, scheduled to be released in the spring of 2010.

As a running mother myself of two daughters, I think this is a very intriguing project they're understaking and have sent in my own feedback. If you haven't come across their survey already and are interested in letting your own voice be heard, leave a comment and I'll send you the document via e-mail.

Now, go wash your hands and eat your vegetables.

Edited to add: If you'd like to take the survey, either leave your email address in the comments or send me a note at tallgirlrunning@gmail.com and I'll get it to you!

7 comments:

Velma said...

I would be more than happy to take the survey for a fellow mom.

Tall Girl Running said...

Velma,

I looked for an email link on your blog but didn't see one. If you send an email to me at tallgirlrunning@gmail.com, I'll reply to it with the survey attached.

Thanks!

Stacey said...

I will take their survey too.

MizFit said...

Id love to see it!

Miz.

Seth said...

My wife is training for her first half and would like to fill it out.

carla said...

carlabirnberg@msn.com :)

Mel- Tall Mom on the Run said...

Email: mtipps@gonzaga.edu

FYI...I just started a running Blog to capture my training for my first Marathon in June. The name of your Blog inspired my title (Inspired is a fancy way to say copy). Thanks!! Mel

http://tallmomontherun.blogspot.com/