Sunday, December 21, 2008

ProWash is for Winners!

Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?

A couple of weeks ago, a marketing rep from the good people at ProWash activewear detergent contacted me to ask if I'd be interested in receiving a free full-size bottle of their product to try in return for a review on my blog. At first, I almost declined, figuring I couldn't technically be considered a real blogger since I haven't blogged in--ahem-- almost three months. But when I realized free stuff doesn't grow on trees like money does, I reconsidered and took them up on their generous offer.

Truth be told, I've been waiting for an offer like this for quite a while. Over my many, many years of blogging (going on two now), I've watched, admittedly a little enviously, as other people have received the likes of free pairs of running shoes, or compression socks or even a free Garmin to try out in exchange for a blog review. I thought surely, if I was patient and played my cards just right, I'd get an equally fantabulous offer... like a free Boston qualifying marathon time or something. But since I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I gladly accepted the ProWash offer. Actually, I've never been one to look any horse in the mouth, but that's a post for another day.

The folks at ProWash could not have asked for a better candidate to test out their product. When I'm finished with a workout, especially one in a temperature-controlled environment, I look as if I was tragically caught in the crossfire of two firehoses on full blast aimed directly at my chest from ten feet away. To say I break a little bit of a sweat during a run is a gross understatement comparable to declaring a Big Mac and large order of fries a tad fattening. After every workout, I subject myself to the tremendous suction force of extracting the wet clothes from my body, hopefully without employing the use of power tools. Once that's accomplished, my clothes then sit in a heaping wet pile on the floor while their odoriferous scents waft throughout my closet until I'm moved upon to do another load of laundry.

Enter ProWash.

I decided the only true measure of accurately gauging the effectiveness of ProWash was to take a pair of clean shorts directly out of the washer and immediately bury my face into them, inhaling the scent into my very being. If I survived, the experiment would be considered a success.

I am happy to report that after two such experiments, I am still here... and pretty much still alive. Not only for the first time did my running clothes not smell like they were washed in a super-capacity load of sweat, but they came out smelling-- dare I say it?-- sweet and fresh. Like a glacier mountain spring in a tropical paradise surrounded by a fresh ocean breeze on a crisp autumn day. I don't know about you, but smelling like the good things of nature is at the very top of my priority list.

My first foray into guinea-pigging was a positive one as I can truly declare ProWash to be a veritable genie in a bottle. Well, except without the three wishes to be rich, beautiful and fast enough to qualify for Boston. But that's coming... I just know it.

ProWash is available online through Amazon.com or in select WalMart retail stores. Go buy some, eh.

13 comments:

Carolina John said...

I was looking at some of that stuff this weekend. Glad to know it works!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Welcome back to Blogland. Sounds like the wash test was a success, now you have to get them really smelly! Here is a free entry code for Boston: 'runfast'

Topher said...

Hey Sr. Tall-girl-running, good to see you're still around. Funny, but Ryan from ProWash emailed me, too, asking if I'd do a review. I accepted, but never got my bottle of soap. It's fun to get free stuff to review, isn't it?

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

mnodurft said...

Stumbled across your blog the other day and really enjoyed the way you wrote. I've linked to your site on my own. Keep finding joy in the miles.

Anonymous said...

I'd wait until they come out with Gifthorse ProMouthwash before I did any horse mouth looking.

Lili said...

Dude! I didn't even know that there was free stuff in blog land until I started seeing my friends reep the benefits! I need to figure this stuff out!

Love your blog! I'm glad you're back, but since you've been gone, it's been fun catching up on your archives. Check mine out sometime if you have time.

Laurel said...

I almost passed out when I saw you posted! YAY!

I have been reading a lot about this stuff lately. I guess I need to pick some up.

robison52 said...

The Vegas economy is so bad that I may resort to finding a stream and pounding my dirty clothes on rocks...I wonder if I could use ProWash with my favorite rock?

Nitmos said...

I'm with you on this...I have a bottle of ProWash but the winter is killing my dirtying of clothes to test the product out!

Happy holidays!

Maybe if you don't blog for 5 months you'll get a Garmin!

Velma said...

Welcome back to blogland. I really need to try this product out. Keep on blogging - it is nice to hear stories from a fellow tall girl.

zanne said...

Too funny ... I got Ryan's email too - but like Topher, I have yet to get my free stuff to test it out!!

Nice to see you're still out there!! Happy Holidays girl!

The Hoyt's said...

Girl where do you come up with your lingo.. you are always so funny. I love reading your blog...

sue said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信