Sunday, July 27, 2008

Roll Call

I've been so caught up in reading the Riveting Adventures of my Fellow Running Bloggers lately that I forgot I actually have a little corner of the internet here myself. Now if only I had something scintillating and provocative that might motivate me enough to write about it. Alas, I've not met a single beauty queen in the last couple of months, nor been joined on a run by a single farm animal, nor even managed to spray myself in the face even once with pepper spray. Curiously, the only thing that's been going on with my running has been... well... running.

I did pull off a pretty nifty PR on a 5K a few weeks ago and have been basking in its glory ever since and come this weekend, I'll run the first of two half-marathons in August to see if I can't turn one of them into a PR as well. I've even signed up to run a 178 mile relay race next summer, which pretty much commits me to at least another 12 months of running.

So, fear not for me, dear readers. Life is running on!

7 comments:

Christie said...

I was just wondering about you the other day. Glad to see you're still around AND running.

Kristin said...

Glad to see you're back... you were about to be featured in a future post about blogs I've listed in my sidebar because I found them entertaining, which have since turned into inactive duds... :)

tfh said...

Nice job on the PR! Good luck with the half-marathon. I'm betting on another PR...

Ovens2Betsy said...

I hear ya sistah -- I've been a slacker in the blogging department myself. But fortunately I AM running; I'm just not writing about it!

And congratulations on the 5K PR; here's hoping for a sub 2-hour half real soon!

robison52 said...

I've about 40 blog sites in my "feeds" and fortunately most of them post very rarely as I would never be able to run myself! Happy to hear you're still running with several goals in the horizon.

Jen said...

I love your writing so I'm glad you're back! Congrats on your PR! And the 178 mile relay? Ambitious!

Nitmos said...

Exciting stuff. I just wish there was some forum you could use to tell us all about these races...