Sunday, October 07, 2007

Map My Free Stuff

I came across a pretty cool resource for tracking my workouts recently... a new tool from the nice folks at Map My Run. As an incentive for adding daily workouts, logs, running routes and other entries, you earn points. Upon reaching a certain point level, you earn rewards in the form of gift certificate money to Backcountry, a nice looking website that sells running, hiking, camping and other outdoor sports clothing and gear.

Since I like keeping track of my workouts online anyway (see my own training log on the sidebar), I created my account last month and started earning my points. It may take several months to actually reach the level that pays out the rewards, but if it's something I'm going to do anyway, I might as well get some free stuff out of the deal, right? Besides, I've already got my eye on this snazzy little number, which will be a nice incentive to work toward when training for marathon #3 starts in a couple months.

Check it out, eh.


8 comments:

Peter said...

I have a fondness for runningAhead.com. So much more pleasent a log to use. But no points.

Rosie said...

I love MapMyRun! Such a good site.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hmmm...Good Idea! VERY Cute top, by the way.

Mother Smuckers said...

How's your back?


...

Tall Girl Running said...

Thanks for asking! It gets better only to be flared up after a few hours at work. I'm making more conscious efforts to correct my posture as well as doing some back work at the gym. If nothing else, my heating pad is keeping me company. :-)

P.O.M. said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Jim said...

Love your motivation. And I'm especially jealous that you've already had snow! Boo Hoo, I miss Vermont. Let me know when the cross country skiing centers open -I just may have to find a conference in Idaho to talk my boss into letting me attend.

See Zanne Run said...

i like the site ... but would have trouble leaving breaking the tape ... but that points thing is very cool!