Saturday, September 15, 2007

Stick a Fork in it...

It is done!


My second marathon is officially in the history books and while I didn't come away with a PR this time (missed it by a lousy seven minutes!), I'm proud of my effort and felt like I ran a strong, smart race.

I've got all kinds of entertaining details to share and will get around to it as soon as I can feel my legs again. I'll say this for now, however... after today, I'm fairly certain marathoning is going to be part of my life for a long time to come.


10 comments:

Charlie said...

Congratulations on your marathon!

Sounds like you might have had some fun...especially if you're already thinking of more marathons even as you start your recovery!;o)

Way to go!
Charlie

See Zanne Run said...

YAY!

Ovens2Betsy said...

Woo hoo! Us tall girls kick some serious butt, don't we? :)

We just returned from Paris :( but I hope to post my race report by tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing yours!

robison52 said...

Congrats on finishing your marathon in a good time, although it's not a PR, you just barely missed it! WOW, you're already professing to running marathons for life...normally after mine I'm thinking, "NEVER AGAIN!!"

Allen said...

You apparently ran a great race, Angie, and I'm interested to hear the details, especially your comments about the long downhill parts.

Keep in mind, Angie, that your body is still adapting to the stress of the marathon. With each additional marathon, your body will be stronger and your times will come down.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Congrats on finishing the race! Can't wait for all the entertaining details you have to share!

Rosie said...

Good job! Look forward to reading more! :)

Nobel4Lit said...

Congratulations! You seem like a very talented runner. And love how you showed a stack of pancakes... I could sure use those after a marathon!

Joe said...

Great job! Seven minutes is nothing! You pretty much tied your PR.