Wednesday, March 21, 2007

RIP PITA

Some of you may recall PITA, my training partner of the canine persuasion earlier this winter. About six weeks ago, I noticed she didn't come out to join me any more. Curious, I thought, but figured she'd moved on to bigger pastures to explore.


Come to find out the other day, PITA moved on to the biggest pasture of all when she was hit and killed by a car. I'm not surprised, the way she would always dodge back and forth across the highway when she ran with me, but I was still saddened to hear the news. She must've run close to 40 miles with me, keeping me company, warding off other dogs and amusing me with her loyal enthusiasm.

She was a good dog. I hope Dog Heaven treats her well.


4 comments:

Chad said...

That's too bad about your training partner.
I'm sure there is a supersize milkbone waiting for him!

GP said...

I'm sorry to hear about PITA. I always think dogs are some higher species that gets everything about good humanity... but they just don't understand cars.

I chased a beagle around a main road the other wintry morning, yelling at it to "STAY OFF THE STREET!" The dog and passers-by thought I was crazy, but that dog knew I meant business.

Laurel said...

Awwwww, poor thing. That's so strange, we were just talking about dogs running out in the streets in front of our cars today at work.
I suppose she gets to run around as much as she wants now though.

Jim said...

How sad. I guess your town could use a leash law with more teeth in it.