Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Craptastic

I should've known after a couple of strong weeks of training, I was doomed for a week like this.

Even with my determined efforts at some quality chillin', I had a most miserable run today. I managed to eek out three miles, but it felt as if it were the first time I've ever tried to run in my life. By the time I finally surrendered and called it quits, I wanted some serious bonding time with a paramedic and a stretcher. Or maybe just some morphine would do.

Good thing it's a fallback week. Now I won't feel so guilty for being such a wuss when I consider skipping my long run this weekend.

By the way, lest you think today's blog title proves I'm not in touch with proper usage of the English vocabulary, think again:

Craptastic

I forewent including a picture this time, however.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

Allen said...

Angie, sounds like you may be in a slump. You've been pretty good in pacing yourself, taking rest/cross-training days, so you may be in a natural slump. Read about it in my peaks page.

http://www.runninginjuryfree.org/peaks.html

Natural slumps happen to everyone. Not a big deal. Pull yourself out of it and go on with your training.

I'll have several weeks of great training, and then I'll go into a slump for a week or two. I LSD through the slump, my body recovers, and I head for another peak.

Chesno Slova said...

Let it be known that "craptastic" is a word we know and love thanks to The Simpsons. It was how Bart described Homer's job of putting up Christmas lights.

Chad said...

You will make it through. We all go through those slumps - I'm just coming out of one and I'd tell you what I did to get out of it, but the only thing I can put my finger on is that the weather got warmer.

I wonder if you can use craptastic in a game of scrabble now . . .

runliarun said...

There's nothing like new words. My boyfriend asked me the other day what I am pondmenting about. Some issue I was pondering looked like a cause of lament. Hence... pondmenting.