Monday, January 15, 2007

The Scream

Tomorrow morning at precisely 7:12 a.m. MST, I will officially become the mother of a teenage daughter.

This pretty much sums up my current state of emotion.

Funny how thirteen years ago, I thought having a baby girl was a great idea. The cute little booties! Those adorable little chubby cheeks! The sweet little cooing noises!

Amongst the smell of baby powder and the color of all things pink, I simply neglected to consider in only thirteen short years, I'd be drowning in sarcasm, moodiness and hormones.

Your condolences are gratefully accepted and appreciated.




P.S. I love you, kiddo.
Happy Birthday!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the Teen. And congrats to you for making it thus far! GG ;)

robison52 said...

My seven year old granddaughter is so precious that I don't want her to grow up...where is Peter Pan when you need him?

african chick said...

hi me again,
i wish u the best of all on that very special day. and tell her i iad happy b-day.