Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rejection, Part D'oh

You know... if I didn't have a relatively healthy level of self-esteem, I might take this personally.


I was-- again-- rejected in the second and final lottery drawing for the Moab half-marathon in March. Seems my bribery attempts didn't work. I knew I should've slipped a couple dollars into that box of cookies I sent to the lottery committe. D'oh!

For a less-obsessed runner, this might serve to be a perfectly good excuse to take the rest of the winter off. Give the legs a chance to rest, the knee a chance to completely heal. But no, this is not an acceptable option. I will register before the end of the year for the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon in April and pretend that I didn't really want to run Moab anyway. Think of the money and hassle I'll save in travel and lodging! I can run a gorgeous, scenic course along the Colorado River any day I want. I don't need no stinkin' Moab.


(Maybe I'll send a festive holiday basket of nuts and cheese next year. Hmmm.....)

4 comments:

Allen said...

The problem, Angie, is that the committee forgot to mention they only accept ginger snaps...

Bruce and I are glad you'll be joining us for the SL half. The three musketeers ride again!

Angie said...

Ginger snaps... D'oh!

robison52 said...

One for all and all for one! Happy trails, Bruce

Daphna said...

Too bad about the lotto... still that Salt Lake City one looks fun. You'll get to see the whole city.