Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snotsicles

Before I stepped outside for a morning run yesterday, I pulled up the weather report online to check the current temperature.


A whopping three degrees.

Pfftt... so it's a little chilly. Put on an extra layer over my top, pulled on my fleece hat and gloves and I was out the door.



I think three degrees may be my personal best for a run as far as coldest temperature (or personal worst, depending on how you look at it). I've run in practically balmy 30-degree weather before that felt much, much colder due to the wind chill. Yesterday's run was wind-free and though I looked like I was smoking a chimney for six miles with every exhaled breath, it really wasn't too bad. My legs, however, felt like enormous frozen tree trunks; the pigtails in my hair formed ice chunks from my frozen sweat and the contents of my nostrils were frozen solid.


I know what you're thinking...

Sexy.