Thursday, December 14, 2006

Biding Time

I'll find out this weekend whether I made the lottery into the Moab half-marathon. As much as I'm trying to convince myself I'm cool either way, the suspense is killin' me. My dad pointed out the irony of "winning" a chance to torture myself for 13.1 miles. He just doesn't get it. He's such a non-runner.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get rid of a neverending cold while still attempting to maintain a respectable weekly mileage base. My body wimped out on me during yesterday's run, so it was time for a needed day off. I play city-league volleyball every Thursday night and count it as cross-training when I don't run, but it's almost as bad on my knees since I misplaced my knee pads awhile ago and have been too stubborn to fork out the money for a new pair.

Santa, if you're reading... wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

No comments: