Signage
As mentioned in my race report, my family helped make posters to hold on the marathon course.* I guaranteed they'd be noticed and appreciated by the runners, but didn't expect to hear how popular they really were. There were grins, laughs, hoots, hollers and thumbs up all over the place. Here's a sampling of what helped entertain thousands of runners over the course of 26.2 miles on Saturday:

17 comments:
Those are too funny! Great job Tall Runner Girl.
I love the last one about stealing. What makes it such a great picture is the cop car behind her.
I saw several of those on the course! Nice to know I (kinda) know who they were talking to/about/for! The "Don't Think, Just Run" one came just as I really started to struggle, so I was kind of (?) grateful for that one. Unfortunately, I had very little run left in me at that point.
Great signs!
I remember a few of those signs. They were fun to have around!
Those are funny. I just posted about this a week or so ago. Nice!
the 2nd photo reminds me to a Hungarian bank advertisement.
It's good to laugh while in great pain! Tell your family thanks, it was good!
I love all the posters. I need to print those out and post it on my wall before I go for my run.
Those are all fantastic!
Those signs are hilarious.
those are some of the best signs i have ever seen! love them!
These are great! I saw quite a few funny signs in San Diego...they were great for a laugh. I especially like the one you captured that says "Must Beat Oprah." Someday, I'll get there!
Just got linked here by Kristin - these signs are amazing! I hope there is someone with some humor like this at my next race :)
Those are AWESOME!! I ran the SLC marathon in April, my first one, and my sister in law had a sign that said, "Real Athletes Run, the Others Just Play Games" Pretty cute.
I realize this post is over a month old, but I just came across your blog now. I LOVE these signs!! What a fantastic idea!
LOVE these posters. So glad I found your blog today!
Post a Comment