Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snotsicles

Before I stepped outside for a morning run yesterday, I pulled up the weather report online to check the current temperature.


A whopping three degrees.

Pfftt... so it's a little chilly. Put on an extra layer over my top, pulled on my fleece hat and gloves and I was out the door.



I think three degrees may be my personal best for a run as far as coldest temperature (or personal worst, depending on how you look at it). I've run in practically balmy 30-degree weather before that felt much, much colder due to the wind chill. Yesterday's run was wind-free and though I looked like I was smoking a chimney for six miles with every exhaled breath, it really wasn't too bad. My legs, however, felt like enormous frozen tree trunks; the pigtails in my hair formed ice chunks from my frozen sweat and the contents of my nostrils were frozen solid.


I know what you're thinking...

Sexy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You be runnin' 6 miles in 3 degree weather? You crazy!

Jo

Daphna said...

You're damn right sexy. Anyone who's willing to run in cold weather like that is sexy just because of sheer determination and love of running. I don't know if I could do it.

robison52 said...

Saturday I wimped out of a easy 5 miles recovery run that was too cold for me...37 degrees!!! You're SUPERWOMAN!! Happy trails, Bruce