Thursday, April 26, 2007

Niftiness

Whilst I continue my recovery from my half-marathon last weekend (or in other words, whilst I desperately think of something that might be even remotely interesting to blog about), I thought I'd draw your attention to a product I came across at the race expo I thought was rather nifty.

They're called Ice Bands and are advertised as "custom engraved silicone wristbands". Basically, they're those trendy rubber bracelets you've seen everwhere... but with a purpose! Your name and contact information can be engraved on the bracelet, making it a convenient way to carry ID with you when you're out biking or running or what have you. There's certainly other methods of doing this (I've even bought dog tags for the same purpose), but hey... if you can look trendy while being safe, why wouldn't you?!

Your choice of color and size at a reasonable price. Check 'em out.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Oh my, you're reaching, Angie. Just kidding. That actually is a pretty good idea.

Jim said...

I've been using a Sharpie to write my name, phone number, home address, and zodiak sign in huge letters across my chest and back. This will be so much better! :)

Joe said...

I think Jim just likes the sensation of the Sharpie on his skin...

Angie said...

I think it's cool how triathletes mark their numbers on their arms and legs with black marker. I'd do it myself if I didn't know I'd look like a poser.

Chad said...

Hey Angie - sorry I haven't stopped by this week.

Your race report is great - congratulations on a great PR and a great race!!!

That's a great job - I knew you would do great in Salt Lake - good luck with your next race - is that going to be the family that runs together marathon?

Angie said...

Hey Chad,

Good to see ya! Actually, I have several races to run before that family relay. First one up is a 10K next weekend. It'll be the first time I've run a race that distance, so I'm excited to get an automatic PR! ;-)