Friday, January 26, 2007

Rest, Glorious Rest

Fridays and Sundays are my days off from running and after four days in a row of dedicated training, I can honestly say I don't even think about running on Fridays.

Today is no exception.

Instead of running, I'm packing my bags to make the relatively short trip "home" to spend the weekend with my family. It won't necessarily be a weekend of R&R as part of the reason I'm going is to help my siblings deep-clean my parents' house (the one I grew up in since I was eight years old) as they're preparing to make a move soon. Nonetheless, going home is always a treat for me. My spirit is rejuvenated being surrounded by my family... just as long as it doesn't last for more than a few days.

I won't be taking the weekend completely off from training, however, as I've still got a seven-miler scheduled on Saturday. There is a beautifully paved trail that runs alongside a river nearby my folks' home that I take advantage of whenever I visit, so I'll be pounding that pavement come early Saturday morning. After a day of rest today, the fallback run on a different route than usual will be a breath of fresh air. Literally.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Catch you on the flip side.

Personal note: Happy Birthday, Dad! You're still and always my hero.

No comments: