Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Signage

As mentioned in my race report, my family helped make posters to hold on the marathon course.* I guaranteed they'd be noticed and appreciated by the runners, but didn't expect to hear how popular they really were. There were grins, laughs, hoots, hollers and thumbs up all over the place. Here's a sampling of what helped entertain thousands of runners over the course of 26.2 miles on Saturday:










































Posters we gave away to runners who asked for them:
"Friends don't let friends run marathons"
"18 weeks ago, this seemed like a good idea"

*We plan to make this a tradition at all of my races. Any of you have some favorite signs you've seen out there?

17 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Those are too funny! Great job Tall Runner Girl.

Topher said...

I love the last one about stealing. What makes it such a great picture is the cop car behind her.

Zach said...

I saw several of those on the course! Nice to know I (kinda) know who they were talking to/about/for! The "Don't Think, Just Run" one came just as I really started to struggle, so I was kind of (?) grateful for that one. Unfortunately, I had very little run left in me at that point.

OldManRunning said...

Great signs!

S. Baboo said...

I remember a few of those signs. They were fun to have around!

Nitmos said...

Those are funny. I just posted about this a week or so ago. Nice!

Emperor Ropi said...

the 2nd photo reminds me to a Hungarian bank advertisement.

Jen said...

It's good to laugh while in great pain! Tell your family thanks, it was good!

Ted said...

I love all the posters. I need to print those out and post it on my wall before I go for my run.

cropstar said...

Those are all fantastic!

Christie said...

Those signs are hilarious.

See Zanne Run said...

those are some of the best signs i have ever seen! love them!

Alisa said...

These are great! I saw quite a few funny signs in San Diego...they were great for a laugh. I especially like the one you captured that says "Must Beat Oprah." Someday, I'll get there!

Laura said...

Just got linked here by Kristin - these signs are amazing! I hope there is someone with some humor like this at my next race :)

Ang said...

Those are AWESOME!! I ran the SLC marathon in April, my first one, and my sister in law had a sign that said, "Real Athletes Run, the Others Just Play Games" Pretty cute.

SJ said...

I realize this post is over a month old, but I just came across your blog now. I LOVE these signs!! What a fantastic idea!

Melanie said...

LOVE these posters. So glad I found your blog today!